These are some of the headlines we are tracking for you in this edition of Press TV's Top 5:
- Russia says it would be an illusion to think that the removal of the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will have a positive impact over the crisis in Syria.
- CIA director John Brennan says Daesh has used chemical weapons and is capable of making chlorine and mustard gas.
- US democratic presidential candidates face off in their last debate before the campaign moves to Nevada and South Carolina. They battled for the crucial support of black and Hispanic voters.
- In Spain, thousands of people take to the streets of the capital Madrid in solidarity with hundreds of workers charged for participating in strikes in recent years.
- The Venezuelan Supreme Court approves an emergency decree giving President Nicolas Maduro more powers. The opposition-controlled congress had earlier rejected the decree.